Looking for legal advice? We’ll come to you!
Through On-Site, experienced HLEP law student members, under the supervision of a licensed attorney, will offer ad hoc legal analysis on one specific issue for your startup. Entrepreneurs are invited to meet with our On-Site representatives to pose their legal questions and schedule a follow-up meeting (1-2 weeks later) for the answer.
To receive legal advice through On-Site, simply send us your legal questions [insert contact link]. See the list of questions we can answer below.
At this time, we can offer support on any of the following (and similar) questions:
- Should I incorporate?
- In which state or country should I incorporate?
- What sort of entity should my company be?
International student founder
- Can I start a company here while in school on a student visa?
- Can I stay in the U.S. to work on the company after graduating?
- Are my workers employees or independent contractors?
- How do I make sure my workers are independent contractors?
- How do I protect my proprietary information/product(s)?
- Is my idea/product/process/business patentable/copyrightable?
- What does/would my patent protect?
- Is my company name/logo/brand trademarkable?
- What are the costs and benefits of getting a patent/trademark/copyright?
- What is the process to get a patent/trademark/copyright?
- Do I own the IP my workers create?
- How can I own the IP my workers create?